Who are we?
Our team is at the forefront of developing autonomous vehicles using cutting-edge technology such as deep learning, computer vision, and reinforcement learning. We are a fast-growing company with a multi-national, world-class research team working on building a better future for self-driving cars.
Our approach to building autonomous vehicles is unique, we don't believe in telling an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent, capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our goal is to be the first to deploy autonomous vehicles in 100 cities across the world, bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
Where you'll have an impact
We’re looking for experienced and motivated individuals to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. You’ll lead the development and implementation of simulation at huge scale for our autonomous vehicle projects, using Azure and Kubernetes.
As a Senior Software Engineer – Simulation at Scale, you will:
- Lead our cloud infrastructure for scalable simulation systems for our autonomous vehicle projects
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to understand simulation requirements and design solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to our cloud systems
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on large-scale systems and cloud services
- Proficient in working with different Cloud providers.
- Experience with container technology and orchestration (k8s, compose, nomad, etc)
- Experience with autonomous vehicle technology and simulation is a plus
- Experience with Kafka, Celery, RabbitMQ, GPUs / CUDA
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- The opportunity to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in London. If your role is possible to do remotely, we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it – so that we all thrive and grow.