Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
As a Finance Assistant at Wayve you will work closely with the Finance team to ensure that all transactions made by Wayve are accounted for properly in real time. This is critical to ensuring that we can close our books in a timely manner, and generate management reporting both internally to the leadership team, and externally to the board and market. You will manage a rapidly increasing transaction volume, as Wayve grows, ensuring that the inputs to Wayve’s financial reporting are accurate, timely and informative. You will also work closely with our internal and external accountants – working with them to ensure that Wayve’s accounting policies are robust and followed consistently.
You will also co-ordinate and lead the purchasing process – working closely with stakeholders across the business to ensure that both business and personal purchases are conducted in line with the company’s financial guidance and policies, approved and reconciled in a timely manner. This will involve taking ownership of our purchasing and expensing platform, and supporting the wider business with collecting receipts and following up with suppliers when needed. This is critical to ensuring that Wayve can continue to move quickly towards its ambitious goals, by unblocking workloads on our engineering teams.
Wayve is an extremely fast growing company and, as such, there will be a number of other administrative areas in which your support will be required. A true star in this role will relish the diverse workloads on offer and support the foundations needed for Wayve to succeed in the long term.
- 3+ years’ experience book-keeping in complex technical organisations – accounting for a range of transaction types across technical and non-technical areas, and multiple jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of key accounting principles – to enable effective work with our internal and external accountants. You may be pursuing an accounting qualification and have reached the professional stage exams. However this is not a requirement and can be compensated by experience.
- A fast learner – able to grasp new concepts quickly and bring them into the book-keeping framework seamlessly
- Logical and analytical – not simply following written guidelines but using your own intuition to be proactive and question existing processes.
- Process-driven and able to coordinate multiple workflows to meet strict deadlines for management reporting.
- Good with people – ability to engage with multiple stakeholders across the group during the purchasing and book-keeping process, providing support where needed and holding people accountable when deadlines have not been met.
- Excellent attention to detail – ensuring that every aspect of every transaction is accounted for correctly and allowing the business to have confidence in the numbers.
- Highly proficient at using Xero, ideally familiar with Spendesk and with next stage accounting platforms like NetSuite. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint).
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive compensation, on-site chef and bar, lots of fun socials, workplace nursery scheme and more!
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving, and thus to tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it – so that we all thrive and grow.