Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role, you'll:
- Partner with, guide and coach leaders on successful org leadership
- Project and program manage People team offerings and business-identified talent and culture initiatives, customizing offerings to the client group
- Consult with centers of excellence (COEs) on design and roll out of HR offerings
- Partner with COEs on day-to-day work in service to client group needs, i.e. org development, comp, recruiting
- Work closely with business leaders, assessing more complex client group needs as they surface – level of impact and priority, resourcing needed, communications, and change management
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA or Master's degree preferred
- 12+ years relevant work experience, including HR experience, consulting, business partner
- Proven ability to effectively problem solve in partnership with centers of excellence
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions; effective balance of tailoring solutions and standardization
- Great at influencing through strong relationships, expertise and data and can manage a complex set of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends, develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Strong communication skills and an understanding of how to communicate large complex change
It’s preferred if you have:
- MA/MS or MBA degree
- Experience working as a management consultant, working with external clients
- Balanced experience working in start-up and established company environments
- Demonstrated ability to work within constraints and to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Comfort with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.