Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role you'll:
- Complex modeling of P&Ls and cash flows for various company-wide business lines
- Deriving strategic insights and driving business action via financial data and independent/external research
- Engaging with business partners to provide strong financial oversight for business decisions, including driving business review forums and other strategic analyses
- Preparing executive presentations for senior leadership
- Other ad hoc projects
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 10+ years’ experience in Finance or Business Analysis, including Private Equity, Equity Research, Corporate Finance, or other associated fields
- Financial acumen with exceptional financial modeling skills and strong familiarity with financial statements
- Strategic mindset: able to think multiple steps ahead on the implications of financial decisions and approaches
- Critical thinking with a particular focus on financial modeling and strategic/market analysis
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Proven track record of the ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision making and materially influence outcomes
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- BS/BA/MBA in Finance, CFA Certification, Accounting or Business related subject areas
It’s preferred if you have:
- Industry knowledge of the rideshare, transportation, automotive, autonomous vehicle, or related industries
- Experience within high growth tech companies
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.