Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
At Waymo, we are mission-driven and believe deeply in the opportunity of autonomous driving technology to improve mobility and make people's lives better. We are united by purpose and responsibility (for our employees and riders alike). We are looking for kind, committed, employees who have integrity, dream big, work together as one team and create a sense of belonging for one another that is the foundation of our culture. We want each team member to feel welcomed and included in every step of our exciting journey.
Wherever Waymo works, Business Support teams are on the job. We’re the real estate specialists who find and build amazing workspaces and research facilities; the systems experts who develop and run our intuitive IT and business tools; the multitasking administrators who plan events, manage vendors, and orchestrate the daily activities of our teams and leaders. Together, we do everything it takes to keep Waymo rolling.
In this role you'll:
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage very busy calendars, book occasional travel/events, process expenses, schedule facilities and equipment, etc.).
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our leaders, by improving existing operations, and help define new operational strategies all while working in and navigating a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Help leaders by understanding teams needs and pain points; be the heart of the team and help drive culture, connection, and fun.
- Collaborate across the leadership team and respective partners, by serving as a project lead of medium to large scale projects as they arise.
- Manage team initiatives & misc projects (team all-hands, homepage, onboarding, space planning, communication, team events/summits/various team meetings).
- Partner closely with the E/ABP community within Waymo, provide mentorship to junior ABPs, and train new team members.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of direct executive support, project management or event planning experience.
- Experience in a technology-related environment or startup, supporting directors or above with large, diverse teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships; effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions and an ability to adhere to an expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently.
- Strong business judgment, professional etiquette and organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to multitask, and work efficiently in a high-paced environment.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience providing leadership to ABP community and managing other administrative staff
- Experience project leading from conception to completion with demonstrated strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions, accomplishing tasks of moderate to high complexity and scope.
- Experience with, and interest in, using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency; ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices, with the ability to apply them when solving operational issues from conception to completion.
- Experience with providing strategic support such as evaluating data or resolving minor operational issues with your manager's guidance.
The expected base salary range for this full-time position across US locations is listed below. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the role location or, if the role can be performed remote, the specific salary range for your preferred location, during the hiring process.
Waymo employees are also eligible to participate in Waymo’s discretionary annual bonus program, equity incentive plan, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
While at Waymo, you will enjoy benefits that cover…
Health and wellness: Our people are at the heart of everything we do. At Waymo, you can enjoy top-notch medical, dental and vision insurance, mental wellness support, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Health Saving Account (HSA), on-site physicians and/or nurses in some locations, and special wellness programs.
Financial wellness: Your financial peace of mind is important to us. At Waymo, we offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, equity, a generous 401(k) plan or regional retirement plans, 1-on-1 financial coaching, a 529 College Savings Plan and lots of other perks and employee discounts.
Flexibility and time off: Take the time you need to relax and recharge. Enjoy the flexibility to work from another location for four weeks per year. We support an on-site, hybrid work model and offer remote working opportunities, paid time off, Waymo recharge days, bereavement, sick, and parental leave.
Supporting families: When it comes to growing your family or caring for your loved ones, you have our full support. Enhanced leave options include paid parental leave (birthing parent gets 24 weeks of paid leave, and non-birthing parent gets 18 weeks of paid leave), and 20 subsidized days of backup childcare or adult/elder care. Access to fertility care or adoption support as you grow your family.
Community and personal development: At Waymo, you’ll find a range of opportunities to grow, connect, and give back. We offer education tuition reimbursement, personal and professional development, mentorship, and other ways to connect through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), other internal groups, and even time off to volunteer.
Cool perks: Access to Google offices, cafes, wellness centers, personal training sessions, massages, haircuts, bike repairs, office transportation, commuter benefits and so much more. To support your wellbeing at home, you can enjoy at-home fitness and cooking classes, and more.
* Please note that while our benefits philosophy is the same in every place Waymonauts work, benefits may vary by office/country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.