Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
Locations: San Francisco – CA, Toronto – ON, & Remote (US & CAN)
– Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable creating high definition maps at scale.
– Build the engineering foundations of our long-term mapping infrastructure.
– Build scalable pipelines to create, validate, maintain and visualize HD map data.
– Design and develop metrics and monitoring across the various map systems.
– Partner with map customers to capture requirements and implement new map features and intuitive APIs.
– Engineer real-time scalable, highly-available map serving for a fleet of self-driving vehicles.
– BS or higher degree in EE/ CS or equivalent minimum 3 years of industry experience.
Experience with 3D geometry
– Solid coding proficiency in Python and experience in either C++/Rust.
– Solid experience in developing production quality software, versus only creating prototypes/proof of concepts.
– Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
– Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
– Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
Bonus/nice to have:
– Experience with geospatial systems and tooling such as QGIS and GDAL.
– Experience with Machine Learning.
– Experience with large-scale data processing systems (e.g., Apache Spark, Airflow).
– Experience with automated testing.
– Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.