Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
– Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
– Be responsible for measuring and improving the quality of our sensor intrinsic and extrinsic calibration.
– Work with our autonomy and sensor simulation teams to ensure that sensor calibration meets their requirements.
– Work with our hardware and operations teams to improve the process for calibrating our vehicle fleet.
– Research and develop calibration methods for state-of-the-art LiDAR, IMU, Camera, and other sensors.
– Design and automate calibration processes for a fleet of self-driving vehicles.
– Participate and share ideas in technical discussions, collaborating with researchers and engineers.
– Bachelors, Masters or PhD with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s).
– Proficiency with writing code in Python and C++.
– Experience with computer vision for robotics.
– Familiarity with multi-view geometry.
– Experience developing and reviewing production quality software in industry.
– Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
– Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
– Previous experience as a software manager, team lead, or technical lead.
– Experience using LiDAR, radar, camera, GNSS & inertial sensors.
– Experience with visual odometry, SLAM, SfM, sensor calibration.
– Experience with joint calibration of multiple sensors.
– Experience with software performance, optimization, and profiling.
– Experience with Rust and/or CUDA.
– Experience with bespoke, commercial or open-source robotics frameworks.
– Strong applied mathematical skills: linear algebra, probability, geometry, & optimization methods.