Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
Locations: San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA
– Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
– Be responsible for mechanical design, assembly, test and integration of sensors, compute, and actuation systems.
– Work closely with the software team to define and convert perception, planning, and control requirements into hardware specifications.
– Design for automotive requirements and environmental challenges.
– Support prototype and production module builds.
– Diagnose and drive resolution of technical issues.
-Manage relationships with suppliers and external partners.
– Undergrad / Masters in Mechanical Engineering or similar fields.
– 2+ years of mechanical engineering design experience.
– Proficient with 3D CAD tools such as Solidworks, NX, Catia or similar.
– Experience with tolerancing, FEA and PLM.
– Experience with rapid prototyping techniques.
– Automotive industry experience or similar experience is a plus!
– Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
– Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.