The automotive industry is changing rapidly and so are the demands and expectations among consumers. Volvo Cars has taken a strategic decision to lead this change. This means not only continuing to build state of the art premium cars, but to rethink the entire consumer experience and creating competitive offers showing that we put our consumers’ needs in the center.
Global Online Experience is a function within Volvo that is spearheading this change across the entire organization. We bring our customers value by developing, implementing and operating these new offers, more aligned with today’s customer expectations. Care by Volvo is a great example of this, being implemented in multiple markets globally. Change does not come by itself, however, which is why a specific Market Launch team has been established to lead some of our bigger, more complex change initiatives in this journey.
What we offer
This role as a Solution Lead is an instrumental part of the Market Launch team within Global Online Experience. It includes leading a global array of platform teams – ranging from product, UX and engineering – and their interplay with the rest of the organization, in the most complex programs we are undertaking.
What you’ll do
You will take on the lead role for some projects, while in other cases leading the product/engineering sub-stream within a larger program. In the latter case, your focus will be to lead our platform teams and handle the interdependencies between them and the rest of the organization. You will also ensure necessary involvement from our test teams, content and training and make sure that we have solid unified plans for launch across all teams.
The role includes securing a high level of performance and quality in your project team through excellent leadership, for example by:
- Leading and coaching cross-functional teams across global and local organizations, with their different needs, point-of-views and cultural differences.
- Ensuring necessary information, decisions and progress from the business (Commercial, Finance, Operations, etc.) and translating this into valuable input for our platform teams.
- Taking accountability for you team’s project and its scope, balancing the need for delegating work and stepping in more directly when necessary.
- Creating and managing program goals and plans, mitigating risks and securing necessary communication across the organization.
- Planning and facilitating bigger workshops, dry runs and other cross-functional meetings.
- Continuously developing and improving your launch team, and sharing methodologies, tools and ideas with other launch teams, in order to improve our ways of working.
One of the challenges in this role is to act as a strong leader in our agile environment by supporting stakeholders around you with prioritization, guidance and overall structure. You will also need to balance the need to delegate responsibility and dig into details yourself to create an efficient team.
You and your skills
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have:
- At least 5 years of experience in leading large, complex projects and/or programs in cross-functional teams in a global business.
- Highly meritorious with previous experience in management consulting and/or having had solution lead roles in a global agile organization.
- Good understanding of commercial, digital and operational needs as well as their interdependencies.
- Change management experience and ability to use appropriate tools when leading change successfully.
- Good understanding of agile development and how related implementations are handled successfully.
- Great communication skills, for example by skillfully being able to explain complex matters in a crisp way, both in written and verbally.
Who are you?
To be successful in leading cross-functional teams, across global and local organizations, we believe you have an outstanding ability to “see the big picture” and to identify dependencies between different deliverables. You also possess strong communication- and interpersonal skills and are comfortable in speaking in larger gatherings and being the leader out in the organization for the program you are driving. On top of that, we think you can explain complex matters in an easy way and are described as someone who combines a strategic mindset with the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and get things done.
Contact & Application
Please apply via the link no later than October 13th. Applications and CV's will not be accepted via email. In this process, we work with continuous selection.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Karl Neuman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.