- Full Time
We are people who want to make a difference.
Everything we do starts with people. It’s what makes us different from all other car companies. If you share our belief in the power of people and our passion for human-centric innovation, you will thrive together with brilliant, like-minded colleagues who are committed to making a true difference?
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: “To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand”. We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on board. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
Indirect Procurement (IDP) is a global organisation with highly skilled and motivated employees located in the USA, Sweden, Belgium, China, Malaysia, and India. We are responsible for the procurement of non-production goods and services, such as: Professional Services, Consumer Enterprise Digital, Marketing, Facilities Management, Logistics, Digital/IT services and Machinery & Tooling within Volvo Car Group. We are responsible for development of supplier collaboration together with internal stakeholders in order to reach Volvo Cars' cost, quality and environmental requirements.
You will join a diverse team of 16 skilled Buyers in a dynamic environment where we transform the supply chain at Volvo Cars in the Americas. We are currently looking for a Sr. Buyer who will be responsible for Services (Customer Experience, Market Intelligence, Corporate Services, Etc.), based in Mahwah, NJ or Charleston, SC.
- Partner with internal Stakeholder’s and Supplier’s to drive best-in-class levels of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for Volvo Cars
- Actively drive and manage the 7 Step Strategic Sourcing Process to optimize commodities and increase Return on Investment (ROI) for Volvo Cars
- Lead and execute Supplier negotiations and Request for Quotations (RFQ’s)
- Create, implement, and continuously enhance Commodity Business Plans (CBP’s)
- Create and nurture commercial relations with Suppliers and internal Stakeholders
- Be an agent for change and continuously challenge the status quo
- Present savings opportunities to executive management team
- Collaborate with your global counterparts in EMEA and APAC to ensure the Volvo Cars supply chain is optimized on both a global and regional level
- Stay up to date on the latest market intelligence and technical trends for the commodities you are responsible for in order to evolve programs in-line with constantly changing market conditions
- Operate in accordance with Volvo Cars’ “Omtanke” mind-set and way of conducting business
- Four-year University degree, or equivalent experience in Business and/or Supply Chain
- Procurement experience (or equivalent)
- Change management experience/expertise
- Demonstrated competency in presenting and interacting with Executive level Management
- Ability to multi-task (able to track, manage, and execute on identified strategy)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Project Management software experience
Desired Personal Qualities
- Strong cognitive ability and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to operate with a high sense of urgency
- High levels of integrity and professionalism
- Enthusiastic and self-driven
- Complete and timely follow-through on commitments
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.