Let's create the future together.
At Volvo Cars, we believe that being curious and truly committed to understanding people is the key to future success. We are people who care about other people, working together to create new technologies and innovations for safe, sustainable and convenient mobility. Want to join us?
At ART Side & Roof we are responsible for providing the best experience when getting in and out of the car and keeping it locked and secured. We do this through a mix of hardware and software teams that together make up high quality parts and seamless functionality. In the team Functional side doors we have the responsibility for all the locking functionality, including child lock, as well as other door and window functions. The team is a cross-functional mix of function designers, system designers, hardware lead and testers.
Your main focus will be to define and describe function behavior, maintain the function area over time, do risk analysis and work closely with the software developers and testers to ensure quality functionality to our customers. You will lead the function development from early concepts, through collaboration with stakeholders such as UX and attribute leaders, writing function requirements and planning the implementation.
What will you do:
- Create and cascade the function in general terms. This include; control strategies, the purpose of the function, and how the function interacts with other functions in the vehicle. Documented in the FDR (Function Description and Requirements).
- Develop relevant use cases. Well-described use cases help define the desired behaviour of the function
- Create/maintain FDA (Function Decision Alternative) for the function
- Refine the FDR(Function Description and Requirements) into requirements on individual subsystems
- Work with system safey
- Report status of function for projects
You and your skills:
- You enjoy learning from others, as well as, sharing your knowledge with your colleagues.
- M.Sc & B.Sc within Industrial design, User Experience or similar
- You have more than 3 years of work experience in the relevant field and at least a Master’s degree in engineering.
- You need to be good to communicate fluently in English (speech and writing).
- You need to have a driving license (level B).
- Experience in CarWeaver
- Knowledge of System Safety
You enjoy driving and taking initiative, also in a fast-changing environment. You easily collaborate with stakeholders outside the team and is good at communicating. You have a user centered design approach, with some knowledge in gathering user input or designing user interaction. You understand on a high level at least (or is interested in learning) how functions come to life through hardware design and software implementation. You are structured and able to write well defined descriptions and requirements for others to follow.
How to learn more and apply
To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via our system as soon as possible, but no later than the 3rd of September 2022. Note that applications by e-mail will not be approved.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.