Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
This position is located in Ft. Worth, TX.
- Provide preventive maintenance and repairs on commercial tractors and trailers, road trucks, shop equipment and service vehicles.
- Provide preventive maintenance on commercial tractor-trailer brake system components (hydraulics, air and ABS systems)
- Perform diagnostics using engine Original Equipment Manufacturer software. (Cummins Insite, Diagnostic Link, Wabco Toolbox, Bendix).
- Performs advanced diagnostics and repairs on the components of tractor engines, drive trains, HVAC systems and communication systems by using technical and electronic equipment
- Track, diagnose, resolve, and report on all mechanical or electrical systems issues with vehicles.
- Test drive vehicles and test components and systems, using equipment using computerized diagnostic devices to ensure proper functionality.
- Inspect vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Troubleshoot fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems, using electronic testing equipment.
- Test electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure proper operation.
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-5+ years experience in tractor and trailer inspection and repair to include advanced diagnostics preferred
- Brake inspection qualified as defined in Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.25
- Vehicle Inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.16
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including basic applications.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to repair machines or systems using mechanical tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot by determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Moderate knowledge on the use of common computer programs such as MS Office and email applications
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your dependents
- Unlimited snacks available: drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This position is located in Ft. Worth, TX and requires onsite work.