- Full Time
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
Reporting to the Director of IT and Infosec, the Senior Network Manager can expect to be a part of a fast paced, agile, and innovative technology group. Working across offices in North America, Europe and collaborating with colleagues globally, this position will be responsible for leading network operations.
Opportunity, Responsibilities, & Mission
The Network Manager designs, analyzes and troubleshoots network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and report on new communications technologies to enhance the capabilities of the network(s).
- Within in first 3 months come up with an architecture roadmap plan for 3, 6, and 12 months for the network team
- Designs, architects, plans, implements, and supports an advanced network infrastructure.
- Performs network engineering functions including conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization.
- Establishes and maintains network performance by building net configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems.
- Works with software, hardware, and systems engineers to design networks to support traffic and transportation applications for Truck environment
- Specifies individual components for the system of interest.
- Procures and manages system hardware and software tools.
- Assists with verification planning and executing those plans to ensure technology solutions are compliant with system requirements.
- Ensures technology solutions move through the development and verification process efficiently and on time.
- Collaborates with peers across all Tusimple offices in North America and Europe
- Work with the Infosec team to implement security framework controls across all offices
- Support engineering and truck teams across all Tusimple offices
- Draws network diagrams charts along with the documentation
- Work with the Cloud team to secure and manage firewall connections
- Play a role of a mentor to the team
- Expand the team if required
- Work with offshore team
Experience & Skills – Required
- Education: Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in designing secure, wide-area networks.
- Experience in supporting the full engineering lifecycle.
- Experience writing system requirement documents.
- Experience developing design solutions (physical and logical) that are in compliance with best engineering practices, standards, and guidelines.
- Experience implementing and testing solutions to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Must have an advanced understanding of networking systems and protocols including experience in IP Addressing and subnetting.
- Experience in MPLS and network segmentation
- Design experience with hybrid IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Experience with SNMP.
- Experience with OSI layer implementations.
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching systems (Cisco and Aritsa) and routing protocols.
- Experience developing physical network security strategies to solve unique cyber-risk issues/problems.
- Experience achieving security compliance for network design.
- Experience delivering System Security Plans.
- Experience designing and deploying fiber–optics networks
- Experience in handling multiple network projects
- Experience in leading the team
- Experience in supporting large Data centers, Server rooms, and AWS environments is a must
- Experience of working with large ISP’s
- Hands-on experience working on Fortinet firewall and Arista switches or equivalent
- This job requires 25-40% travel across the offices
Experience & Skills – Preferred
- Experience with Network Monitoring software such as PRTG, Orion NPM, or OpManager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and developments.
- Knowledge of CCNA, SDN, VPN, CCNP, Perl, Data Centers, Firewalls, ITIL, DNS, OSPF, Troubleshooting, MPLS, and Security.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plans
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Company 401(K) program with Company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid education/training
- Company-paid gym membership
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on-site at one of our office locations
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Salary Range: [min] – [mid]
Please note: Individual salaries will vary within this range based on factors such as location, business needs and candidate's skills, education and experience.
Please note: Individual salaries will vary within the following range based on factors such as location, business needs and candidate's skills, education, and experience.