Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
As a Steering Engineer at TuSimple, you will play a key role in developing and qualifying steering components and assemblies for our Autonomous driving system. You will be responsible for evaluating and tuning vehicle steering characteristics, developing, and testing at a system bench as well as for vehicle level performance metrics and targets. You will also work with our Steering suppliers in resolving various Mechanical Engineering issues.
Experience and Skills required :
- Evaluate and tune the Autonomous truck steering characteristics
- Develop testing and evaluation both at a system level bench and at vehicle level
- Develop understanding of vehicle performance metrics and targets
- Understand EPS (Electric Power Steering) controls and tuning parameters that are needed to achieve the desired performances
- Advance the development of EPS testing and calibrations through bench tools
- Implement new improved Electric Power Steering design for Autonomy in partnership with our key suppliers
- Identify issues in Mechanical & Mechatronics design and work with the team to resolve them
- Mentor other engineers in Steering feel & handling evaluation techniques
- Assist in system DVP&R testing activities
- Advise our team on new and latest technology in relation to Autonomous steering and stay abreast of new technologies
- Work with other teams like Vehicle Control to support any project demands from other teams.
- Detailed knowledge of components including but not limited to electric power steering, steering columns, shafts, and various steering actuators, etc.
- Understanding of requirements for components based on the need of the vehicle (for example: dynamics, steering feel, crash, strength, durability, stiffness, etc.)
- Experience with the technology roadmap of the steering systems
- Experience and understanding of automotive mechatronics design and control theory
- Good 3D CAD skills
- Hands-on practical experience in prototyping
- Experience in technology, system, and supplier selections
- Project leadership and mentoring skills
- Design release and change management experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead critical wor
- Skilled in problem solving techniques
- Strong organization and documentation abilities
- knowledge of simulation tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink), etc.
- Knowledge of project management tools like Jira.
- Ability to travel to our vendors as well OEM locations
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plans
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Company 401(K) program with Company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid education/training
- Company-paid gym membership
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on-site at one of our office locations
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.