Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
TuSimple’s Buyer III is a competent and detail-oriented procurement professional. The Buyer III partners cross-functionally to optimize the business through effective planning and procurement of materials necessary to ensure our business meets our objectives.
The Buyer III owns full-cycle procurement, including creating RFP’s, vendor/supplier selection and onboarding, reviewing quotes, conducting purchasing, submitting purchase orders, and resolving any discrepancies with invoices for payment. The Buyer III understands vendor/supplier expectations and works to proactively address and resolve any issues.
- Process incoming purchase requests and checks for need, vendor selection and pricing
- Utilize expertise to source a wide variety of components for R&D and production projects
- Review suppliers offerings, conducting analysis to determine best fit,
- Negotiate quality, price, payment terms, delivery timing, and other Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with suppliers.
- Maintains supplier scorecards to help manage relationships and drive purchased materials productivity.
- Develop supplier performance dashboards
- Monitors purchases and delivery timelines. Communicates with vendors/suppliers to mitigate and/or resolve disruptions in supply.
- Processes Purchase Orders from approved requisitions. Partners with Finance and Accounting to address any issues with purchase orders, invoices, and/or payments.
- Provides feedback to managers and Project Managers related to shipment delays, shortages, backlogs, product changes, etc. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to resolve any availability issues.
- Initiates NDA’s and vendor onboarding as needed
- Makes recommendations for process improvements to optimize the procurement process and mitigate costs and risk.
- Recommends and develops process improvement projects as necessary
Experience & Skills – Required
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 year procurement experience, preferably in an automotive manufacturing or technical environment.
- Fully understands procurement, planning, and scheduling fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of shipping and receiving requirements and procedures. Ability to coordinate shipping arrangements, expediting as necessary.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems and processes, as it relates to materials/procurement modules.
- Ability to utilize an ERP system to review and update inventory changes; entering information accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize requests, assignments, and tasks.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to understand procurement needs fully and obtain complete quotes.
Experience & Skills – Preferred
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems, strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning, or related field.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plans
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Company 401(K) program with Company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid education/training
- Company-paid gym membership
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Daily lunch and dinner while on-site at one of our office locations
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.