About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a UX engineering professional highly skilled in designing the future interaction between our autonomy and the human. You will be responsible for understanding the usability requirements from customers, users, industry experts and development partners and to design and build an actionable interface, as well as drive innovation and continuous development to create a best-in-class user experience.
- Evaluate the requirements from all stakeholders involved in the use and development of Mission Control and create designs that emphasize efficient workflows and scalability.
- Prototype and build interfaces that meet expectations for usability.
- Create, document, and maintain the information architecture for web services.
- Proactively identify design improvements to improve usability.
- Collaborate with various teams specializing to develop solutions that include their data points and serve the customer’s needs.
- Lead User Experience and Interface related industry and academia partnerships and research activities
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- BS/MS Degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science (HCI), or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in Industry or Graduate School
- Experience in CSS Frameworks, Architecture, & Preprocessors
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Proficiency in applying HCI and UI/UX design principles
- Track record of self-leadership and taking up new challenges
- Experience building web applications using modern UI frameworks
- Excellent communication, working in cross-functional teams, and team collaboration skills
- Expertise in organizing information with focus on usability and adaptability
- Experience in the logistics or transportation industry preferred
- Ability to work across different time zones and locations
Perks of Being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation