- Full Time
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the team:
The safety and cyber security team leads safety & security related activities on a safety critical system and ensures autonomous driving systems, processes. The team works on ISO26262, ISO21448 & ISO21434. Your contribution will have an unequivocal impact on the future of trucking and autonomous technology. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about working in this hands-on environment.
Our team is performing safety & security analysis to identify risk and define requirements for system level, HW & SW level to mitigate the risk. Together with our HW/SW suppliers, we develop a safe autonomous L4 truck system.
What You'll Do:
Provide technical and functional expertise across multi-disciplinary teams and be responsible to ensure Torc’s products meet appropriate functional safety standards. Lead activities associated with implementation of ISO 21448 (Safety of the intended function) standards.
- Work closely with the functional safety engineers and system engineers to ensure ISO 21448 (SOTIF) standards are implemented
- Collaborate locally and globally to evaluate SOTIF deliverables and lead Torc engineers to meet an acceptable SOTIF level
- Define areas for improvement within the designs and work with design teams to SOTIF targets.
- Evaluate completeness of the design specification to ensure sufficient maturity for SOTIF efforts
- Perform the HIRE (risk assessment) for the team
- Derive acceptance criteria for S>0, C>0 analysis
- Lead analysis to identify functional insufficiency and triggering conditions
- Lead discussion for functional modifications
- Develop verification and validation targets per ISO 21448
- Support verification of known and validation for unknown scenarios
- Support evaluation of achievements of SOTIF and communicate to management
- Partner with Quality Engineering to ensure deliverables for ISO 21448 (Safety of the Intended Function) are met
- Align functional safety requirements & technical safety requirements.
- Collaborate with system design and architecture development teams on specification development for our Autonomous Trucking program
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Master’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or related engineering field required with 10 years of engineering experience, 5 years of ISO 21448 (SOTIF) experience
- Strong knowledge of automotive, heavy-duty truck, or aerospace industry products
- Demonstrated proficiency in the application of ISO 21448 (SOTIF), ISO 26262 (functional safety)
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain programs and initiatives simultaneously and in a fast-paced environment
- Developed interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and ongoing change
- Test and validation experience
- Familiar with model-based system engineering tool, e.g.: Cameo System Modeler
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.