About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
Our Behaviors and Path Planning teams build software solutions to improve how our vehicles behave in various driving situations based on the perception of the world around our autonomous vehicle. The areas you may be involved in are enhancing motion control and path planning algorithms, develop high-level decision structures to manage the goals and regulations of autonomous driving. The team also assists in identifying benchmarks and testing performance of algorithms on Torc's automated vehicles.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be responsible for various software development and engineer activities supporting the delivery of autonomy algorithm software to the overall system solution; Perform software development activities to include, but not limited to, software architecture, design, coding, unit testing, integration, deployment and maintenance. Clearly communicate daily status on assigned activities and follow company policies and procedures. Have a background either through education and employment in developing, implementing, and testing autonomy algorithms with the areas of behaviors processing, path planning. We work closely with other engineering teams to create innovative solutions for our Level 4 autonomous system.
- Execute full software development lifecycle activities using C++ in an Agile Linux environment
- Enhance motion control and path planning algorithms
- Develop high-level decision structures to manage the goals and regulations of autonomous driving.
- Assist in root cause analysis of issues found in vehicle testing.
- Provide Technical Mentoring within behaviors and path planning teams.
- Ability to lead feature development projects and teams.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or engineering equivalent with 6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficient with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Industry Experience in Robotics, Autonomy or ADAS related systems working with Motion Control
- Strong in C++ programming skills
- Proficient understanding of probability, statistics, probabilistic modeling, and linear algebra
- Proficient knowledge of vehicle kinematics and dynamics
- Good spatial comprehension and computational skills
- High level understanding of Bayes probability theory
- Basic knowledge of Kalman filters, sensor fusion and dynamic state estimation
- Basic knowledge foundation in physics, motion control and kinematics
- Masters degree with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- PhD with 1+ years of relevant industry experience
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance