About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
The Site Operations Manager will oversee general and administrative functions for the site with a heavy emphasis on financial oversight and responsibilities as well as serve in a Managing Director capacity for the Torc Europe entity. You will provide inspired leadership for the operation of the Torc Europe entity which involves making important policy and strategic decisions as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. This role will be responsible for managing processes, purchasing, accounting, human resources, PMO, and IT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Operations & Financial (50%)
- Responsible for the financial health of the Torc Europe organization
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, manage cash flow, compiling and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends and assessing the financial health of the entity
- Supervise the preparations of monthly, quarterly and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting
- Advise colleagues and executive management on decisions related to the company’s finances and operations
- Supervise the documentation of the company’s financial status and forecasts. Analyze results compared to plans and trends, identify emerging issues, and support business in offering recommendations and implementing countermeasures.
- Mediate between the organization, employees, and stakeholders on financial and operational issues for amicable resolution of differences.
- Be a Business Partner to drive and support business operations
- Inform, train, and educate company employees on business and financial policies, processes, and controls.
- Lead Purchasing and procurement (contract negotiations, terms and conditions, financial requirements.
- Support Facility on leases, utilities, insurance, canteen, space utilization, security.
- Support People Operations (contract signing, headcount planning, cost analysis of benefit programs, employee policies (travel, cars, credit cards).
- Support IT (purchase/lease of equipment, inventory, telephone and cell phones)
- Lead SLA contracts (steering, documentation, billings).
- Implement and maintain processes that the organization uses and reports on how the business is functioning and whether implemented processes and policies are working or need changes. Work to improve quality, productivity, and efficiency and implement controls and procedures to ensure integrity of processes.
- Develop, implement, and review operations policies and procedures
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Responsible to manage financial audits, as needed
- Responsible for Governance tasks of the legal entity, such as shareholders’ resolutions concerning the administration of the GmbH within the task scope (aligning the discharge of management, decision on auditor, determination of annual financial statements)
Managing Director (30%)
- Signatory on transactions and documents to include, but not limited to, bank transfers including payroll, vendor contracts, employment agreements.
- Liaison to Torc Robotics Inc management
General & Administrative Function Oversight (20%)
- Oversees site general and administrative functions such as human resources, IT, PMO, and purchasing
- Collaborates with solid-line leaders to ensure execution and compliance with overarching organizational programs and policies
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 8+ years in a management or leadership position, with emphasis on finance or accounting
Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and local German GAAP (HGB)
- Experience in a Managing Director role preferred
- Deep understanding of financial management and financial planning
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among manager, partner and employees.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience that demonstrates professional communication skills with the ability to develop correspondence and reports, create and deliver presentations and interact effectively with diverse clientele.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to new and changing policies, practices and environments.
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills including root cause and risk analysis methodologies
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills to work collaboratively and influence those with limited safety and health experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize, and maintain attention to detail.
- Must be fluent in English and German
Travel, Training and Safety Requirements
- Available for occasional national and international travel to other locations
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.