About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
Meet the Team:
The Perception team is responsible for developing perception algorithms to detect and identify objects for Torc's autonomous driving systems, allowing the system to understand and react to the environment around the vehicle in real-time. Our algorithms utilize 3D point cloud data from LiDAR and objects detected in radar returns. The team also implements the sensor fusion algorithms that combine this data and provide probabilistic state estimation.
What you’ll do
In this role you will be responsible for various software development and engineering activities supporting the delivery of autonomy algorithm software to the overall system solution. This position will also perform software development activities such as software architecture, design, coding, unit testing, integration, deployment and maintenance.
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Assist in root cause analysis of issues found in vehicle testing
- Responsible to ensure software updates do not regress the software performance by utilizing simulation software and scenarios
- Update simulation software and scenarios for new features or situations encountered in testing software
- Support high risk/high reward prototyping to advance technology incorporation into deployed system
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or engineering equivalent with 4 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of sensor data algorithms and driver development from LiDAR, RADAR, and cameras to detect, classify, segment, and predict obstacles in the vehicle's surrounding environment
- Industry Experience in Robotics/Autonomy algorithms, architecture, and design in area of perception software
- Strong in C++ programming skills
- Proficient with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Proficient understanding of probability, statistics, probabilistic modeling, and linear algebra
- Proficient knowledge of vehicle kinematics and dynamics
- High level understanding of Bayes probability theory
- Proficient knowledge of Kalman filters, sensor fusion and dynamic state estimation
- Proficient knowledge and application in graph theory and search algorithms
- Proficient knowledge working in multiple coordinate frames
- Masters degree with 2 years relevant industry experience in robotics, autonomy software engineering; OR
- PhD with 1 year of experience with relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of advance modern C++ programming language features and experience with CUDA (GPU Programming) programming
- Proficient in working with Machine Leaning/ Deep Learning frameworks like (Pytorch or TensorFlow) and TensorRT
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation