About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for professionals with combined technical and business experience to define and deliver services for an efficient and seamless Remote Assistance solution. Remote Assistance is the tool through which humans support the Autonomous Driving System in difficult situations. You will own the Remote Assistance product, respective roadmap and drive it to be a product that our customers love!
This is either an on-site or remote opportunity.
- Lead in developing a shared product vision, and roadmap in close collaboration with product owners, engineering managers, technical domain experts and set Torcs vision and direction for Remote Assistance.
- Act as a liaison between the engineering team and relevant stakeholders. Gather user requirements, build product requirements, and communicate to engineering and other stakeholders at all levels of planning and execution.
- Be the face of Torc to the customer and the customer to Torc, research requests, work to understand and prioritize feature request, and set expectations around budget, scope, and timeline of delivery.
- Translate customer and other stakeholder needs to product requirements.
- Develop and improve processes and documentation to ensure cross-functional alignment between teams and projects. Lead the process rollout and iterative cycle for continuous improvement.
- Participate in regular planning exercises to drive product priorities across the company. Keep roadmaps, backlogs, and other planning artifacts continuously up to date.
- Analyze and understand technical constraints and tradeoffs by collaborating with engineering to inform product roadmaps and backlogs. Select path forward, if necessary, with input from stakeholders as needed.
- Define, analyze, communicate, and continuously update key product metrics to ensure priorities remain up to date.
- Lead demos and continuously assess metrics to gain visibility into feature execution. Remove impediments to feature completion and business value add.
- Own your sub-product’s business case. Collaborate with Finance on financial planning and strategy. Analyze and understand budget, shortfalls, and costs to maintain ROI and the financial constraints. Communicate financial related issues to senior management as soon as possible.
- Lead junior Product Managers. Mentor, coach, and develop them.
- Drive customer-focused development across Torc and lead the business to embracing customer-centric work culture.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of progressive experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, automotive, logistics, software products, supply chain or other relevant industry experience.
- 2+ years of product or strategic management experience in a technical or related program.
- Experience working with technical teams and leading others through detailed processes and results driven strategies.
- Experience in defining and implementing processes as well as process roll-out.
- Experience in the interface between engineers, lawyers, and company owners and representatives.
- Familiar with Agile principles with Scaled Agile experience preferred.
- Familiar with autonomous vehicle industry standards (ISO 26262, AVSC, NHTSA etc.).
- Systems Thinker with strong problem-solving skills. Ability to diagnose process design gaps or transactional activities and consult with process owners to recommend solutions aligned with the business.
- Critical/logical thinking to identify problems and provide solutions to ensure efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Openness to work in different time zones and travel.
- Experience developing large-scale web applications for customer use.
- Understanding of current web and cloud technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Understanding of metrics collection and data analytics as well as test automation principles and design.
- Hands-on experience in cloud or robotics development.
- Hands on experience as a Dispatcher, Driver Manager, Air Traffic Controller etc.
Perks of being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance