About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The Platform Team is dedicated to creating safer roads and saving lives, and your contribution will have an unequivocal impact on the future of trucking and autonomous technology. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about working in this hands-on environment.
The Platform Software & Vehicle Interfaces Team builds software solutions to operate the virtual driver on our autonomous trucks in close collaboration with internal and external partners. Our software components are the interface between the virtual driver and the truck platform. It is our task to develop these interface SW components in AUTOSAR Classic or Data Distribution Service based middleware solutions.You will be developing in an agile team and be an interface between Torc and the vehicle integration at Daimler Truck.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will be working on software algorithms on the vehicle interface. You will support the transition of the currently used open-source software Robot Operating System (ROS) to automotive grade middleware standards.
- You will focus on the development of the safety critical part, which requires the usage of AUTOSAR Classic. This includes development of application software as well as the integration on the safety controller.
- Development of SW applications for flashing & diagnostics using the AUTOSAR Classic Framework
- Execute full software development activities using C++ / Embedded C
- Porting of existing ROS applications to embedded C
- Implementation of ported ROS application into AUTOSAR classic or DDS based middleware solutions.
- Foster the close collaboration of international teams including AD-SW development, AD-Kit hardware development, system integration and testingAssist in root cause analysis of issues found in vehicle testing
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive or related Engineering field
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in Automotive systems
- Excellent C++ and Embedded C Coding Skills
- Experience in AUTOSAR Classic and DDS based middleware solutions
- Excellent experience in diagnostics & flashing mechanisms, experience with the UDS protocol
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to build trust and strong working relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain competing demands simultaneously with frequent interruptions and in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work in an international environment and to communicate across time zones
- Experience with functional safety according to ISO 26262
- Experience with NVidia Drive OS
- Conversational German skills
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.