About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
The Human Resources Business Partner role contributes to company performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Build and maintain supportive relationships by being a strategic partner with management and an advocate for employees. Responsibilities include policy interpretation and application, employee relations, employee performance, immigration and compensation consultation. Additional responsibilities include:
- Being a strategic partner to management to anticipate, identify, and plan workforce and overall human resources-related needs.
- Advising management on relevant issues to the business including, but not limited to, compensation, sponsorship, employee relations, external conditions such as talent availability, current labor market conditions, immigration policy changes, etc.
- Partnering with Legal, Finance, Compensation advisor, Immigration Specialist, TA, or other stakeholders on relevant information related to the business.
- Mediates and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts thorough and objective investigations when necessary.
- Consults with managers to assist in organization design, planning, and restructuring. Provides input on workforce and succession planning.
- Provides consultative services to managers on performance management processes.
- Reviews and offers feedback on performance evaluations.
- In partnership with managers, identifies ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost engagement and retention.
- Research strategies and resources to enhance these opportunities for quick and effective initiation.
- Create new Onboarding process.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in human resources function, demonstrating increased levels of responsibility and decision making; 5+ years as HR Business Partner, HR Consultant, or HR Manager preferred.
- Well-versed and experienced in all HR disciplines
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Ability and desire to pivot to different areas to meet the need of the business
- Experience with HCM software and applicant tracking systems (e.g. Workday, Greenhouse, Personio)
- Must have prior experience in organizational assessment and development, classification and compensation programs, employee performance management, and employee relations and investigations.
- Experience working with German immigration policies and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders within a growing technology company where circumstances are fluid.
- Experience with change management practices highly desired.
- Experience working within a software development or engineering-related function is highly preferred.
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics.
- Current, in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources and employee management, including workers’ compensation and German labor law.
- Knowledge of local legal and regulatory environment for human resources practitioners.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with employees at all levels.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Experience with collaboration software such as Slack, Teams and Zoom.
- Fluent in German and English
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- Company pension plan
- An international work environment
- Flexibility in schedule with remote working options
- Company-wide winter vacation office closure
- Regular team events and other fun activities
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.