About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you'll do:
Our Facilities and Occupational Safety Engineer oversees the planning, construction, and maintenance of buildings, equipment, and grounds, including space allocation and layout, communication services, and facilities expansion. Additional responsibilities include:
- Planning, negotiating, budgeting, scheduling, and inspecting facility buildings and interiors, equipment, and grounds including estimates on equipment, labor, materials, and other related costs.
- Responsible for overseeing health and safety standards and security systems.
- Organizing Emergency Response Teams and activities.
- Impacting health, welfare, and safety, as well as the aesthetics and physical integrity and accessibility of office spaces, grounds, and interior spaces.
- Developing and implements organizational policies relevant to facilities, safety, security, and asset management.
- Provides oversight to the security, mechanical and electronic access key and lock administration of facilities and equipment.
- Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of manuals, safety documents, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and procedures in collaboration with the directors of safety, legal and compliance, and other stakeholders.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- 8+ years of experience and knowledge of corporate health and safety protocols, facility maintenance and planning, industrial hygiene, asset and records management, security and emergency response, incident, and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Construction, Engineering, Architecture, Business Management or related program, OR equivalent education, certifications, and experience in the role.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of OSHA and VOSH regulations and compliance standards. Familiarity with 29 CFR 1910 and 1926.
- Experience with ISO 14001 and/or ISO18001/45001.
- Knowledge of general building codes, maintenance trade standards and practices, equipment, tools, and materials used to repair and maintain buildings, interior spaces and furnishings.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate terms, interpret blueprints, technical specifications, perform inspections, and utilize project management systems.
- Experience guiding personnel on safety regulations, guidelines, and initiatives and providing training. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- General Industry OSHA30 and OSHA Instructor certification preferred.
- Certified Facilities Manager Certification, Facilities Management Professional Certification, and/or Facilities Management Certificate preferred.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.