THIS IS US
Permanent employee, Full-time
As the Public Policy Associate Nordics, you will be responsible for engaging cities and building relationships, helping to ensure that TIER delivers on its commitments as a partner to the people and places it serves. As an integral part of the team supporting TIER’s ongoing expansion in the Nordics you will be responsible for working closely with our stakeholders and city teams, building and nurturing relationships with cities, national and local regulators, and sensitive interest groups.
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Monitor regulation, public discourse, and challenges our business could face as the public policy landscape in the region evolves.
- Execute proactive public policy strategies to address regulatory or other public policy challenges and topics.
- Proactively work to protect TIER from regulatory threats, and lobby for regulation that enables innovation in the industry.
- Support local teams on their expansion in the Nordics (Finland and Sweden primarily) by building relationships to local and national regulators.
- Support the identification, engagement and management of stakeholders on municipal, political and national level, as well as in associations and NGOs.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders at national and local level, in collaboration with the Senior Public Policy Manager Nordics and regional managers.
- Cross-Nordic collaborations within the Nordic Public Policy team, with a main focus on Finland and Sweden.
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in lobbying, politics, government or public affairs, consulting, or similar.
- Experience in the lobbying and policy sector and experience from relevant organisation types, with preference for corporate, political institution, or agency experience.
- Network in, and understanding of the Finnish political system and the flows of influence and decision making.
- Good strategic capabilities and long-term planning.
- Excellent Finnish communication skills are essential. Fluency in written and spoken English. In addition, preferably good knowledge of the Swedish language.
- Creative and thoughtful problem solver who is open to new ideas and approaches.
- Confident and capable of transmitting thoughts in a concise, diplomatic, but assertive manner; especially when engaging senior and political stakeholders.
- Thrive in a fast pace, independent and entrepreneurial rapid-growth environment .
- Network is a plus and experience in mobility sector a bonus.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- For Head Office roles – We support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives & programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our remote work options
- Profit from competitive compensation combined with perks like memberships with Urban Sports Club, Blinklist and Headspace
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, and Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, JPMorgan, Delivery Hero, and more)
*Depending on the role and location your benefits may differ.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin colour, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!