- The Workshop manager oversees the analysis, repair, remanufacture, validation, and documentation of complex electromechanical assemblies, as well as managing the day-to-day functioning of the warehouse and service operations.
This person will work closely with engineers and technicians to identify new failure modes, implement corrective/preventive actions, and develop repair instructions. In addition, they will be responsible for the creation and implementation of procedures, documentation, tracking tools, etc., to ensure work is performed quickly, efficiently, and to the highest quality standards.
The position is also responsible for establishing and meeting department output targets, and driving continuous improvement through the remanufacturing process, providing hands-on support, training, leadership, and direction to the Remanufacturing Technicians and Associates who remanufacture products returned from the field.
- Associate degree in a technical field preferred. Training towards an advanced technical degree is a plus
- Cert III or IV in Electrotechnology along with a current electrical license preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in assembly and repair of electro-mechanical components or electric motors
- Current Forklift Driver’s license is essential
- Working knowledge of high voltage DC battery systems, or basic electronics and DC electrical systems.
- Proficient with hand tools and computer-based tools, including precision measuring equipment, electrical test equipment, and computer databases
- Experience with semi-automated manufacturing equipment is highly desirable
- Proficient at understanding manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Proficient with computer tools, including network solutions, Word, Excel, QuickBase, Outlook, MRP, MES, and PLM (WarpDrive, FlexNet, and Enovia a plus)
- Ability to foster a close working relationship with team members and management
- Must be reliable, innovative, committed, a self-starter, and quality focused