Operations Project Manager, Workplace
The Workplace Operations Project Manager at Tesla is about
finding the simplest means to an end, even if that requires changing the rules
of the game. A great Workplace operations project manager articulates the
specific scope of a project to a wide variety of audiences, including why a
project is important and how it should be delivered. It is about framing the
house while keeping a perfect mental picture of how you will paint the walls.
They will work independently, build partnerships, and manage the delicate
balance between scope, schedule, and budget in a fast paced environment.
The Workplace operations project manager role ensures brand and
building guidelines are followed and disseminated throughout our facilities
through; space planning, signage, graphics, color selection, texture selection,
furniture design, ergonomics, team wear and any other visual/functional aspect
of our workplace during space refreshes. This role will adhere to our “workplace
guidelines” which provide detailed programming information on how to build,
sustain and ramp our Workplace.
- Create preliminary renders and mockups to visualize existing
space refresh of People Spaces including but not limited to Café’s, Bullpens,
Conference Rooms, Lobby’s and Administrative Spaces.
- Perform all levels of business analysis engaging multiple
strategic teams in order to maintain a department-wide project management
system, ticketing & design approval method.
- Removes ambiguity by creating a standardized system of
conceptual design and creative design, through structure leading to a
consistent on brand look-and-feel.
- Partners with stakeholders to track, scope, collect
estimates, issue purchase orders, and complete projects in a timely manner and
- Actively manages and leads project teams & contractors
to execute projects, demonstrating sound judgment, critical thinking skills,
and a sense of urgency.
- Manages the budget and sequence of events for successful
project execution with minimal impact to employees whether to accomplish
short-term and/or long-term goals.
- Creates, revises, maintains, and audits projects and
- Initiates and actively facilitates and participates in team
meetings involving the right stakeholders to resolve problems.
- Ensures successful planning and deployment of projects
including business readiness for internal implementation or external launch.
- Represent Workplace to closely align with Space Planning,
Janitorial, Transportation, Culinary, Facilities, Environmental Health &
Safety, Security, Human Resources, Lease Admins, Finance, IT, Audio Visual/AV,
Events, Employee Experience, Design, Construction, Vendors, Mailroom,
Logistics, and Recycling teams at Fremont Factory and regional sites.
- This position will be an ambassador of our brand guidelines
- This role will have influence on our “workplace brand guidelines”
within a manufacturing setting.
- This role will report up to Workplace Supervisor and
collaborate with colleagues cross-functionally in the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively and consistently with all project
- Analyzes and communicates project or program status to all
- Escalates issues quickly and appropriately while presenting
solutions/answers to appropriate decision maker.
- Ensures the completion of standard project communications
such as blockers logs, risk mitigation alternatives, and implementation plans.
- Provides project content for factory wide distribution through
email communication for impacted areas and awareness
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to improve project
management process and organizational efficiency.
- Establishes and maintains a strong partnership with internal
stakeholders to fully understand the business and their business needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including event support
and independently managing multiple small ongoing projects, as assigned,
related to the operational success and effectiveness of the Workplace Org.
- Contributing ideas and presenting solutions to promote
operational excellence in the workplace.
- Prior experience with fast-paced organizations.
- Familiarity with project management software and creating
data-backed reports for analysis and forecasting.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong team-player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience with 3D rendering and conceptual design,
encouraged but not required
- Previous experience in CAD or Bluebeam preferred.
- Previous experience with adobe design suite.
- Experience working directly with facilities engineers,
architects, contractors, local city planning and building departments, and/or
implementing sustainability initiatives preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years managing workplace operations, facilities,
remodel, and/or construction projects in a corporate or manufacturing setting
- Travel between sites in the region.
- This role requires to be onsite full time.