Disclaimer: This position is expected to start in-person around May/June 2023 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e., through Aug/Sep 2023). We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for all internships. Please consider before applying.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. This is required for external applicants. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We provide an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
- Fremont, CA
- Austin, TX
Tesla is looking for a UI/UX Design intern to help define how internal users will interact with our homegrown ERP systems. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and solutions that work in the real world.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or other graduate degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, Psychology, Information Technology, Human Computer Interaction
- A portfolio showcasing UI and visual design work with a strong graphic design sensibility
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Photoshop, Invision, Design Studio, Sketch or other design tools
- Proficiency with Jira, SQL or other tools is a plus
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus