The successful candidate will have experience in all facets of Tool & Die related to plastic injection molding, automotive stamping or high pressure die casting. Die or mold maintenance supervision and leadership experience in supporting both steady production as well as new product and/or new die/mold. The candidate needs to be well-versed in various tool and die craftsmanship skills, breakdown management, root cause investigation and problem recurrence prevention, PM system development and implementation, and spare parts management.
This person must be able to build upon previous successes and take our Tool & Die team to the next level. He/she must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues that affect safety, part quality, production efficiency and die/mold function. The successful candidate will also have exceptional communication, interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
- Completion of a Tool & Die apprenticeship or equivalent OJT experience
- 5+ years experience in supervision and leadership
- 5+ years of extensive experience with maintaining and repairing automotive stamping dies, plastic injection molds and/or high pressure die cast molds – aluminum stamping or structural die casting experience is a plus
- Project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to motivate in high pressure situations
- Ability to develop individualized development plans to improve weaknesses and leverage strengths
- Open minded, highly flexible, positive attitude
- Good overall people management skill
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written