The Drive System Engineering team is looking for a world class Modeling Test Engineer to lead testing for all drive system models including but not limited to: traction motors, gearbox, thermal, lubrication and hydraulic systems.
As designs mature and prototypes are tested, it is paramount for us to track both our model accuracy and design capability through empirical testing. This role will be closely integrated with the coordination, execution, and analysis of drive system testing. You will work with R&D laboratories and dynos to test major subcomponents prototypes of drive units and power electronics.
Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, to innovate.
You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. We are building real products. This must excite you. You’ll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
Modeling Test Engineer within the Drive Systems Engineering teamwork side by side with engineers to support the development of our world class drive units. Projects can be open-ended, and the individual must strive in a challenging environment.
· Design, coordinate, and execute of drive unit level tests for the explicit purpose of model and requirements validation.
· Work with world class expert, design and test engineers to create characterization test plans suitable for early prototypes or mass production units.
· Organize cross functional teams to complete testing on time
· Work with engineering teams to compile, analyze and document test profiles and results to ensure complete validation of all requirements as programs mature.
· Coordinate with prototype build team to build, inspect and manage highly instrumented unit test
· Design and fabrication of test equipment as needed
· Perform component and drive unit testing including dyno and environmental testing.
· Experience with instrumentation, measurement, calibration, and laboratory testing.
· Experience creating and executing design validation plans and test methods to validate performance requirements
· Working knowledge of heat transfer and thermal management a plus
· Experience with LabVIEW and data acquisition systems a plus
· Experience with MATLAB, Python, or other data analysis software a plus
· Automotive component/system testing experience a plus
· Working knowledge of motors and gearboxes a plu