Cells are the common denominator for every Tesla product.
In the Abuse Testing & Engineering group, we push battery systems to their
limits and beyond using specialized equipment to apply electrical, mechanical,
and thermal stresses. Our goal is to provide rapid feedback to inform designs
early in development, by understanding how robust systems perform under abusive
conditions. We accommodate external regulations but have a strong focus on
internal requirements and testing to failure. Every Tesla battery product comes
through our lab, from vehicles to energy storage and more. Our environment is
fast-paced and incredibly exciting.
We are looking for a Data Engineer/Software Engineer to create
streamlined and intuitive data storage, processing, and analysis tools. This person
will lead data processing/analysis efforts in the Abuse Testing and Engineering
group with a focus on pack-level tests.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field (Data
Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering,
Statistics, Mathematics, Physics,) or the equivalent in experience and evidence
of exceptional ability.
- General knowledge of physics, engineering, and statistics
- Advanced knowledge of MATLAB and/or Python.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, architectures, pipelines,
and languages such as SQL.
- Experience and interest in data visualization techniques.
- Experience with web application development a plus.
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot issues seen in
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.