The Technical Training Instructor for Service position requires someone with exceptional ability to assess needs, develop & deliver appropriate training solutions, and build strong working relationships and manage regional stakeholders. Individuals must be creative, proactive, organized, flexible, results-oriented, and have a passion for and understanding of electric vehicles. Must have outstanding communication, facilitation, and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor. The Technical Training Instructor for Service will take responsibility for ensuring their service region is equipped to deliver the best ownership experience the world has ever seen for every Tesla owner.
- Degree from a University, Certificate program in Automotive Technology, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Proactive, flexible, confident, professional, and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives working independently; also able to contribute strongly as a member of a high performing team.
- Strong ability to collaborate and serve as a partner/consultant to regional leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex problem-solving activities and initiatives.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated confidence and professionalism in working in a customer-facing role.
- Tech savvy – able to expertly use a full suite of office and learning technologies
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Valid Passport preferred
- Experienced technician and/or technical training facilitator, Tesla Service experience strongly preferred.
- Strong automotive system repair knowledge and training experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
- Must be at least 18 years of age