Technical Support Engineers provide
support for industrial battery energy storage products. This primarily involves
diagnosing and resolving equipment problems reported by Tesla’s customers and
internal automated asset monitoring infrastructure. This is accomplished in
connection with Tesla and 3rd party on-site field technicians. The role also
involves the remote commissioning of new equipment deployed to our customers,
along with supporting site and product level quality issues.The Tesla Energy team is committed, and fast moving,
consisting of applications engineers, power and control systems engineers,
project engineers, product support engineers that sit at the center of business
development, Tesla technology, the deployment and service of stationary storage
projects on the grid. As a member of our team, you will help to shape the
success of our projects in various applications worldwide. You must have a genuine passion for
engineering products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy
infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial
- Experience within the Electro-technical field
- Enthusiasm for green technology.
- Background in a customer service environment.
- Proficiency with the Linux programming environment.
- Advanced knowledge of communication systems and protocols
such as TCP/IP, including the tools available at the command line interface to
troubleshoot network communication issues.
- Can interpret complex electrical single line diagrams.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and/or professional
statistical analysis software.
- Understanding of a technical support environment and
processes, including ability to document case histories clearly, accurately and
with detail. Ability to prioritize
workflows effectively according to multiple criteria. Experience with CRM systems, mobile
case/ticketing systems, bug tracking systems.
- Personal skills suitable for frequent direct contact with
non-technical customers in technical troubleshooting scenarios. A positive, friendly manner on the phone and
in writing is essential, as well as patience and the ability to instruct and
inform during troubleshooting.
- Ability to independently make decisions and solve problems
with limited direction.
- Grasps basic concepts of electricity (AC/DC, current,
voltage, resistance, power vs. energy etc.).
- Proficiency in English, proficiency in French is a plus
- You are based in Amsterdam or surroundings
- An EU (European Union) passport or work permit is required
for this position