The Material Planning group in Supply Chain is responsible for the reliable and efficient flow of all direct materials to Tesla’s factories, service locations and other relevant sites. Packaging engineering group is responsible for design, implementation and management of packaging related operations. As a Technical Project in the packaging engineering team, you will support process improvements, systems capabilities, and data insights that are critical in order to drive efficiency in the packaging business function.
You will work with the packaging engineering, planning, manufacturing and other material flow stakeholders in other organizations to identify key process and systems improvements required for scalability and efficiency. You will be a thought leader in developing solutions as well as managing the project execution. This requires you to acquire deep subject matter knowledge about the Material Planning process, Packaging systems and KPIs. It is essential that you can think strategically, connecting the dots in the bigger picture, as well as being comfortable in the details of the deliverables. The role is expected to simultaneously handle multiple data compliance projects of department-level scale and global reach. To be a successful candidate for this role you have to be a self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Master’s degree in science or engineering or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Working knowledge of material flow, supply chain, purchasing and transportation management systems
- Experience in managing software development projects, in a business or technical role.
- Evidence of exceptional analytical ability.
- Structured, data-driven and quantitative problem solving approach.
- Ability to query, analyze and present data.
- Proven ability to set expectations, manage to deadlines and hold individuals and teams accountable to critical milestones.
- Ability to drive strategic discussions and convert strategy to action.
- Collaborative, flexible, open working style and an ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Direct packaging systems/engineering experience
- Experience with process improvement toolkits (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodology for product development.
- SAP or Oracle ERP knowledge, paired with ability to apply it to custom built systems.
- SQL, Programming (R, Python) and Tableau skills
2-5 years’ work experience in packaging function, material planning, supply chain, manufacturing, or business operations.