- The Technical Program Manager, New Product Introduction – BIW is responsible for managing the operations perimeter in its entirety as it relates to introducing
major coordinated changes or packages into the factory or factories.
This requires the Technical Program Manager, New Product Introduction – BIW to lead a cross-functional team to ensure engineering, manufacturing, quality, and supply chain validation targets have been met for each change. You will be ultimately responsible for the factory readiness and successful tactical implementation of the program into production.
- Production Operations Knowledge – Has a firm understanding of how complex production lines operate including key items such as industrial workings between facilities/departments, line balance, OEE, error proofing, etc.
- Background in manufacturing/industrial engineering required; supply chain highly desired
- Understanding of how the manufacturing validation process runs in relation to complex new products that stretch across various engineer teams and manufacturing centers/factories (methodology, validation plans, associated KPIs)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to be a creative thinker and devise creative solutions to complicated problems
- Excellent problem-solving skills; adverse in various problem-solving methodologies
- Team player; ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with cross-functional teams
- Previous experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Previous experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings or CAD models
- Experience in Program management
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical field required (Master’s Degree in supporting field highly preferred)