Tesla is currently seeking a motivated Technical Project Manager (TPM) to support Global Factory Design projects for Vehicle and Energy Products. This role focuses on managing layout and material flow from concept design through handoff of a fully detailed plan to Operations. This role will involve the coordination between multiple cross functional teams and ensure the most effective design of manufacturing shops across factories and identify best practices to carry forward to future factories. Strong engineering and project management fundamentals are required. It is critical for a successful applicant to solve problems using first principles analysis, and exercise aggressive design optimization. This position will be based in Reno/Sparks, NV.
The team is responsible for developing a factory design which supports seamless integration between production, packaging, material flow, supply chain, construction, and facilities teams. Innovation is expected. Through a detailed understanding of the high-level factory objectives and extensive collaboration with the internal and external teams designing individual factory components, this team ensures that the overall factory design achieves all of Tesla’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will excel in a demanding and fast-paced environment where they will work as part of a strong, agile, and highly motivated team to accomplish some of the most ambitious projects being attempted in any industry today. The candidate will be able to think at a systems level to design optimal material delivery systems and factory layouts while making reasonable assumptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Finance (or equivalent technical experience)
- 5+ years technical project management experience, manufacturing/supply chain/construction preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Ability to quickly understand new technical concepts at a working level
- Experience managing multiple large projects concurrently with complex work streams and high degrees of variation/uncertainty
- Ability to quickly resolve conflicts while maintaining strong team relationships
- Comfortable working with ambiguous data
- Experience creating and presenting program-level schedules and developing clear visuals to describe relevant project objectives/issues
- Strong communicator at all organizational levels