The Tesla castings operations team is seeking a technical program manager to plan, interact, lead, and execute projects. The primary function of this role will be to manage the build plan, run piece cost analysis of Tesla Gigacastings, coordinate with cross-functional departments that use the castings and also with the Materials Engineering and product teams to validate and coordinate changes on the production floor. This role will entail working in a fast paced aggressive operations environment and under intense timing constraints. The successful candidate for this position should be meticulous, detail-oriented, highly motivated, and an organized individual who takes pride in his/her analytical and problem-solving abilities. He/she should appreciate working in an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or program management. Degrees in other engineering disciplines, such as Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or sufficient relevant experience will also be considered.
- Must have prior experience working with suppliers and on production floor.
- An experienced project manager with a proven track record of managing multiple projects from concept stages, to completion within a manufacturing environment, preferably with 3+ years of experience is desired
- Automotive experience is not a prerequisite.
- Willingness and dedication to working in a fast-paced results-oriented environment focused on fundamental engineering excellence.
- Must be well-versed with using Microsoft projects, primavera, or a similar project management software