Manufacturing is the core strength of Tesla and Factory Software is the backbone of manufacturing automation. It is one of the most exciting and innovative areas to work in at Tesla. We continuously rethink and improve how manufacturing processes are performed in a pragmatic & efficient way.
Factory Software team is responsible for building infrastructure solutions that allow the company to redefine manufacturing and production. We focus on implementing effective software advances, distributed fault-tolerant computing, and modern user- experience to manufacturing systems throughout Tesla.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our fast-paced manufacturing environment. An ideal candidate is technically curious and excited about making an impact to one of Tesla’s core businesses. The product manager will be responsible for defining the roadmap, be an interface between the manufacturing, process and operational teams and the Software engineering team and define solutions to the problems identified and flawlessly execute them.
- Define, implement and drive project requirements, workflows and plans, uncovering roadblocks, defining critical paths, identifying resource constraints, and any other issues that arise.
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times.
- Gather business requirements and compare to existing software capabilities, able to create a gap analysis and drive the gaps to closure through JIRA
- Lead/participate with cross functional teams for downtime analyst, detail these issues and propose system or business improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
- Document troubleshooting guides to empower the customer to resolve issues quickly
- Setup automation and monitoring systems to optimize utilization of factory software.
- Design cross system integration test to ensure the transaction go through systems as designed
- Drive incident cycle time reduction through prompt responses to issues, detect reoccurring issues, and drive incident investigations.
- Manage static and dynamic software bottlenecks daily through run plan development, part communication/execution, and gap analysis.
- Motivate and support peers to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- BS in Engineering or computer science, 3-5 years technical program/product management experience in the fast paced, high fluid environments.
- Must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
- Efficient knowledge of SQL, go and python is big plus.
- Proficiency in Confluence and Jira.
- Familiarity in Agile principles – ScrumMaster is a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Easily and confidently communicate with executive management.
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments;