- Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2023 and continue through the entire Winter/Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before applying.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, our interns have a seat at the table and make critical decisions that will influence not only their team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Palo Alto, CA
About the Team
Tesla is seeking talented writing and editing students who are interested in the field of Content Editing and Technical Writing. The Service Engineering exists uniquely at the intersection of firmware/hardware design, service, diagnostics, manufacturing, quality, and reliability. Service Engineering multiplies efforts of service in the areas of diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance, while simultaneously reducing the need for each. As a Service Engineering Technical Writer Intern, you will partner with engineering teams to create and refine diagnostic procedures and documentation for use by non-engineers. You will improve editorial and visual standards for documentation and recommend new designs, layouts, and formatting as needed.
- Ability to edit and create documentation that is accurate, complete, clear, specific, and as concise as possible.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to peers, people from different parts of the organization, and non-technical people.
- Aptitude with transcribing written words from non-native speakers.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Experience with various communications media and advanced formatting and presentation skills.
- High level of interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and evaluate priorities.
- Self-directed and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Markup language experience (such as HTML, XML, DITA XML, or SGML) is a plus.