- Full Time
What to Expect
As a Tech Trainee you are working on one of the most progressive vehicles in the world. This position is customer facing, so solid customer service skills combined with exceptional “hands on” technical ability go hand in hand. This position is located at the service center. Communication is highly important. Excellent Oral and Written communication required. If you are able to deliver strong customer satisfaction consistently, are motivated and a team player, we are interested in speaking with you. Relevant military service may be substituted for industry experience, and military veterans are encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Do
• Performs entry-level work in the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles.
• Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
• Perform equipment inspections, adjustments and certifications.
• Perform Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) of new cars.
• Maintain records of time and materials.
• Maintain inventory of shop supplies and parts.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Help maintain vehicle cleanliness of customer cars.
• Support lead technicians as needed.
• Knowledge of: Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles. Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand power tools, shop tools, and automotive and electrical test equipment.
• Efficient skills in basic automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles.
• Support Parts & Front of House operations as needed or on a rotational basis
Compensation and Benefits
As a full-time Tesla Intern, you will be eligible for:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans. Both have an option with a $0 payroll contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company Paid Basic Life, AD&D, and short-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick time after 90 days of employment and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program