Tesla’s Powertrain Systems Integration Team is seeking an Autonomous Drive Systems Integration Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring firmware support for new vehicle features and new hardware are designed, implemented, and tested to achieve Tesla’s standards for safety and customer experience.
Autonomous Drive Systems Integration focuses specifically on the drive system features that are required for Tesla’s advanced autonomous features to perform optimally. These features include torque security, adaptive cruise control, automatic braking, shifting and parking, among others. Tesla’s suite of on-board sensors and next level compute capability enable us to develop and release features that will delight customers and push the boundaries of vehicle safety and performance.
- BS/MS degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Computer or Electrical Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields.
- Exceptional ability to keep multiple projects moving forwards in parallel
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Proven ability to use programming to solve challenging problems and increase own/team’s efficiency through automation
- Experience with C or C++ required. Candidate must have strong comprehension but need not be fluent.
- Experience with Python desired
- Ability to fluently interpret system data to gain a full understanding of logged events
- Thorough understanding of mechanical fundamentals – and ability to apply them to automotive concepts
- Understanding of low voltage and high voltage circuits and how to debug them
- Experience with CAN and Vector CAN tools is a plus
- Experience with Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment (HARA) is a plus