- Full Time
This role encompasses a unique challenge to drive defectivity to sub 1ppb levels for Si products as Tesla scales across the globe. This is beyond what the present industry operates at. Tesla’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making. This role is critical to pushing the limits of manufacturing to reduce defectivity in Si processes to make Tesla truly mass manufacturing company.
- Master’s in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering/Material Science/Physics 8 years/ PhD+4 years (preferred)
- Practical 6sigma experience and demonstrated application of DMAIC
- Understands Statistical Process Control, demonstrates experience of enhancing SPC programs and has solid knowledge of statistical analysis
- Has worked on Front End Wafer fabrication & understands power semiconductor manufacturing processes
- Has knowledge of photolithography, thin films, dry and wet etch processes, MOCVD, PECVD etc.
- Has experience of failure analysis and material analysis techniques – SEM/EDX, TEM, XRF, XRD, CSAM, etc.
- Has experience with NPI activities for high volume manufacturing
- Understands applications of Cpk, GR&Rs and process qualification methodologies
- Supplier development and management experience
- Preferred: Certification on QMS, Mandarin fluency