- Full Time
Tesla’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making. The goal: delivering on time quantities of high-quality component parts into Tesla’s production processes to enable extremely rapid development cycles and product launches.
· BS Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering or evidence of experience and exceptional ability.
· 5+ years of assembly plant experience supporting electric motor, geartrain, and/or rotating assembly oil and lubrication systems or similar in a Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering role.
· Experience in Quality Systems a plus: PPAP/APQP processes.
· In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection.
· Possess demonstrable leadership abilities; Previous experience managing safety critical parts.
· Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level; Proven results in meeting customer requirements and expectations.
· Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques.
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers, and other functional areas.
· Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner. Must be familiar with SPC and data analysis; An average of 30 – 40% travel, possibly on short notice.