Tesla’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making. The goal: delivering on time quantities of high quality component parts into Tesla’s production processes to enable extremely rapid development cycles and product launches.
- BS Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering or evidence of experience and exceptional ability.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience supporting Thermal Systems for e.g. CFM, HVAC, heat exchangers, Cooling tubes, Coolant Pumps. Various manufacturing processes experience like injection molding, brazing, machining, casting, forging, assembly, and end of line performance. The manufacturing role experiences can be in areas of Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing process engineering role.
- Experience in Quality Systems a plus: PPAP/APQP processes.
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection.
- Possess demonstrable leadership abilities.
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level.
- Proven results in meeting customer requirements and expectations.
- Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas.
- Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner. Must be familiar with SPC and data analysis.
- An average of 30 – 40% travel, possibly on short notice.