- Full Time
This role encompasses a unique challenge to drive defectivity to sub 1ppb levels and scale production at suppliers as Tesla scales across the globe. Tesla’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision-making.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering/Material Science/Physics + 4 years (preferred)
- Understands Statistical Process Control, demonstrates experience of enhancing SPC programs and has solid knowledge of statistical analysis
- Has experience of failure analysis and material analysis techniques – SEM/EDX, TEM, XRF, XRD, CSAM, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Detailed understanding of JEDEC, AEC-Q, RoHS and IPC and other such standards/requirements
- Experience with NPI activities for high volume manufacturing
- Understands applications of Cpk, GR&Rs and process qualification methodologies
- Supplier development and management experience
- Domestic and international travel (expected 25% of the time) is required to engage with suppliers, sometimes on short notice
- Preferred: QMS Qualification