Tesla’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making. This position will be responsible for sustaining and improving supplier product quality using collaborative efforts to accomplish this task. The goal: delivering on time quantities of high-quality component parts into Tesla’s production processes to enable extremely rapid development cycles and product launches.
- BS Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Chemical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering or evidence of experience and exceptional ability
- 5+ years of assembly plant experience supporting battery cell, battery cell components, raw materials for battery cells or similar in a Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, Process Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or Supplier Industrialization Engineering role
- Previous experience managing safety critical parts
- Experience in Quality Systems a plus: PPAP/APQP processes
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or IATF 16949 Standards
· Background in Statistical Process Control, Capability Analysis (Cp, Cpk), MSA, FMEA, Control Plans
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection
- Possess demonstrable leadership abilities
- Proven results in meeting customer requirements and expectations
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level
- Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques
- Self-starter, Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas
- Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner.
Willingness to travel on short notice, up to 30 – 40% travel may be required