Tesla’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. This role will develop, qualify, scale up and optimize manufacturing and quality system procedures for Battery cell manufacturing. In this role, you will work closely with many organizations both internal and external to Tesla, taking new battery cell designs from initial concept through into full production.
The battery cell is a critical component in Tesla vehicles and storage systems. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. The ideal candidate should be ready to push their limits, as they join in highly motivated and capable team to make unbelievable things into reality.
· BS, MS, PhD in Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science engineering discipline, with 5+ years of experience in cell manufacturing (Pouch/Prismatic/Can type cells)
· Demonstrate experience in developing cell manufacturing processes, qualifying, and scaling the same
· Proficient in Battery Cell FA techniques is mandatory: Cell tear downs experience, experience with cyclers, Raman spectroscopy, loading analysis/measurement
· Experience in a manufacturing setup handling Measurement system analysis, SPC (Cp/Cpk analysis, Control Plans, FMEA & OEE
· Skillful in statistically analyzing factory data to draw meaningful inferences
· Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers, and other functional areas
· Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner.
· Ability to travel domestic & international – 30%
· Experience in high volume manufacturing is highly desired.