- Manage a group of equipment maintenance technicians that are responsible for equipment availability, and performance. Perform preventative maintenance and repair on a variety of electro-mechanical, robotic, and pneumatic automobile manufacturing equipment. Develop and maintain maintenance and calibration schedules for all tools, machinery and equipment used in the General Assembly manufacturing area of the facility. Perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures. Manage workload with a positive attitude as a hands-on team player in a collaborative work environment.
This person must be able to build upon previous successes and take our Maintenance teams to the next level. They must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues that affect part quality, production efficiency, work cell ergonomics, equipment maintenance, etc. The successful candidate will also have exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
- * BS Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical engineering, military or equivalent experience preferred
* 5+ years of experience in supervision and/or leadership
* 5+ years of extensive experience with trouble-shooting and correcting industrial equipment maintenance – breakdowns and failure
* Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment
* Minimum of 3-5 years of maintenance technician management experience in a high-volume manufacturing/industrial environment is required, military or equivalent experience.
* Skilled at troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, welding, robotic and/or pneumatic systems.
* Demonstrated experience with 3-phase 480/208 VAC, single-phase 208/120 VAC, and 24 VDC systems.
* Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general machining or welding experience.
* Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to use CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to include monitoring, scheduling, and creating work orders and preventative maintenance schedules
* Must be skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.).
* Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
* Basic drafting experience preferred. (SolidWorks and AutoCAD experience a plus.)
* Availability off-hours and weekend calls