Tesla Motors is looking for an experienced
program and people supervisor to lead our logistics activities associated with
large scale, fast paced manufacturing and sales activities. The logistics supervisor
will program manage logistics requirements to support finished vehicle distribution.
In addition to logistics execution, there are facilities and carrier management
responsibilities. Candidate must have proven track record of successfully
working cross-functionally with multiple departments related to manufacturing
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in operations and / or
supply chain related functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or
logistics or relevant experience and/or evidence of exceptional ability
- Creative approach by thinking outside the box and
fighting through challenges and adversity
- Hands-on team leadership skill in motivating and
developing individuals and teams.
- Leadership with complex, cross functional, global
projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, leading execution
and driving results.
- Mentoring skills and the ability to accept and delegate
- Strong organizational skill with the ability to manage
both strategic and tactical responsibilities.
- Evidence of customer-focused, both internal and
external, and result-oriented management style.
- A passionate and high energy leader, who possesses
diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to positively influence others.
knowledge of operations management including previous experience working
with complex procurement, production and logistics and a thorough
understanding of best practices.
technical details relating to international transportation, such as
customs regulations and any necessary documentation.
with MS Office Applications, including knowledge of Excel, Access, and
- Ability to write, speak and present effectively and
persuasively at all levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in
developing, implementing, and assessing key metrics and process indicators
for effective team and materials program management.
- Capable of effectively building, leading, developing
and motivating a team.
- Strong critical thinking and resolution in ambiguous
- Self-driven initiative to gain and share a broader
knowledge of supply chain and operations.