Studio Engineering – Interiors reports to our Interior Engineering within our Vehicle Engineering organization and is central to bringing new product innovations consisting of premium up, mass down, cost conscious luxury interior systems to life at Tesla. We collaborate across all aspects of styling, engineering, and manufacturing to deliver an exceptional product design and customer experience. We take pride in aligning with Tesla’s commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive culture. While developing products that will change the world is very challenging, having thoughtful and creative teammates ensures our work is always enjoyable.
Studio Engineers on the Interior Engineering team consolidate engineering, regulatory, manufacturing, and tooling inputs to support styling and design development specific to launching best in class luxury interior systems. This extends from the initial concept stage, through detail design and into product launch. You will keep particular attention to detail of material, finish, part and build complexity that ultimately maintains elevated premium appeal while reducing overall mass and cost to our final product. You will be involved in competitive benchmarking activities and creating prototype mock-ups that are reviewed by stakeholders to ensure customer and company goals are achieved. Flexibility to balance, adapt and optimize our overall developments as inputs change and evolve will be an important attribute for this role.
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals and a robust first-principals approach
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a product development environment
- Design experience with knowledge of manufacturing technologies, limitations and opportunities for injection molding, compression molding, press laminated components etc.
- Outstanding design, packaging, and 3D modeling skills. (CATIA/3DX is an advantage)
- Highly collaborative, with a creative mindset with ability to visualize designer perspectives, studio engineering experience is a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- A big-picture mindset and passion for engineering of innovative and sustainable products.